Eleanor Lewis was a laboratory technician at the University of Chicago’s Metallurgical Laboratory (“Met Lab”) during the Manhattan Project.
On June 3, 1944, Lewis began working as a technician in Albert Ghiorso’s Instruments and Physical Measurements Group. Within the group, she worked with the isotope niobium-93. In January 1945, Lewis left the Met Lab.
For more information about Lewis and women in the Manhattan Project, please see the following references: