Nuclear Museum Logo
Nuclear Museum Logo

National Museum of Nuclear Science & History

Monsignor William Sweeney studied for the priesthood in Worcester, Massachusetts, and came to Washington state in 1938. He went to Hanford in July of 1943, just as it was starting up. He gave Mass in a ragged tent on Sundays and in private homes on other Holy Days. Confessions took place in a closet. 

William Sweeney's Timeline
1938 Came to Washington state
1943 Jul Started working at Hanford

Related Profiles

Bernard A. Hojnowski

Los Alamos, NM

Lawrence V. Brock

Oak Ridge, TN

Brock worked for the United States Engineer District Office.

Thomas J. Walker

Los Alamos, NM

Thomas S. Grennan

Tinian Island

Thomas S. Grennan served as a 2nd lieutenant in the 393rd Bombardment Squadron.